Blog of Berg (Neil)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006


Small update: Being a parent is getting even more interesting. Joel decided to grow up yesterday. He now plays with toys and uses his hands well. He eats better. He has attention longer. All of this happened in a single day. I don't get it.

I think I forgot to mention the cool tickets I got for my birthday.

Other stuff: We watched Murderball at Sal's last Saturday. It was a decent movie that exposed a sport I had never heard of: paraplegic rugby. Unfortunately, we will probably be abstaining from the ritual of movie nights at Sal's until Joel is able to handle the schedule change a bit better. We did a 3 day late weekend and it threw the poor kid off kilter. Other junk: we got rid of that awful computer desk and got a decent new one, I mowed the lawn for the first time (man, I want a robomower), and we bought some DECENT curriculum for youth stuff at church. This will make a difference for the program because Anne no longer has to focus on finding curriculum...she can direct now...and know that the curriculum makes long-term strategic sense and has a great message. Now for all of the other aspects of the youth program that reflect something non-ideal. On a great note, Anne and I played with the jazzy band at church services this weekend and it was quite cool. Now for work (before work is about the only time I have to touch the blog!).

3 Comments:

  • yes my daily dose of baby photos has been fufilled!

    So cute.

    I broke our mower second time out. Now our yard looks horrible again.

    I swear you are never done with this house business!

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 5/02/2006 1:11 PM  

  • ps.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-52-70-0-1048,00.html#oh

    list of running stores in Ohio. Not sure if any are near you but figured you would be able to tell!

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 5/02/2006 1:15 PM  

  • woohoo. Thanks.
    There is a place about 30 minutes away via car. I have no idea when I will have time to do it, but I would love to figure out what I am doing wrong with my stride (to make the knee hurt).

    Good thing mowing doesn't hurt it...

    By Blogger Neil, at 5/02/2006 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home