Blog of Berg (Neil)

Sunday, April 02, 2006


Man, oh man, do I miss this kid. Anne and Joel have been out for 5 days. Anne is at a conference in Alpharetta, GA. She has been to it before and absolutely loves it now. It is (conveniently) just several exits from her parents' place, so Joel has been having a good time with his grandparents this week.

Stuff I have been doing: figuring out how to sleep again. Fixing the stupid RAID (hard drive backup) setup. (I have a bad primary motherboard IDE controller on my hard drive!! How does that junk happen?) I also had my refurbished Maxtor go bad--Maxtor is useless in terms fo getting a warranty replacement. I had a drive go REALLY bad really fast and then they sent me a refurbished drive with a puny warranty (maybe it was 30 days?) and it (of course) is popping out bad sectors now. The rerfurbished Seagate has seek errors just like the one I sent in. The new western digital is fine, so I know I am not going too nuts and that I haven't all of a sudden forgotten how to mess around with hard drives. Anyway, other stuff: Forgetting about daylight savings time until someone said it on the radio; cleaning stuff; grilling for the first time at the new house; eating up all of the old food in the fridge (it was getting pretty desperate in there); tearing out the basement drywall/removing the insulation for the steel beams to be put in next week; helping Randy bang on his rear rotors until they finally came off--we replaced the rotors and pads, along with thoroughly bleeding the system for what may have been the first time; listening to the "public radio fall membership drive" too much; taking care of piles of papers and such; hanging out at Sal's (we watched some Telugu (Indian) stuff on Friday) and King Kong as the traditional Saturday movie-night movie. I think I liked the Telugu movie more).
Ok, that is about it. I am now happily typing on the western digital drive that will be RAIDed soon (it booted, thank goodness). I cannot wait for Anne and Joel to get back.

3 Comments:

  • Looks like you've got a posting limitation somewhere...

    And the pictures you post are really dark...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2006 7:38 AM  

  • "...helping Randy bang on his rear rotors until they finally came off..."

    Ha ha ha. Ha. Ha ha.

    You have some funny hobbies, Neil.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2006 11:08 PM  

  • Just remember...your fiancee is the one who encourages this sort of strange behavior!
    Besides, it is sort of fun to hammer a Mustang...

    By Blogger Neil, at 4/05/2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home