Blog of Berg (Neil)

Thursday, March 09, 2006


As promised...Sal looks good with a baby, huh? Come over tomorrow night around 7ish to see Joel, Sal, Casey, Jannelle, Anne, Neil, and whoever else feels like showing up (at least I think that is an accurate list).

Bad news: My advisor's father died. I feel really bad for Rich...but I am not really sure what I should do. I have gotten to know Rich decently well as his grad student for 7 years and one year of undergraduate class with him. I hope to continue the relationship past graduation too. Anyway, I had to reschedule from Monday until Thursday next week. Honestly, I was surprised that he could meet even that soon--but Rich is quite nice. I would not be surprised to get a call that says that he may need it rescheduled again, but for graduation deadline reasons I hope it doesn't happen (the hard deadline for the defense is the 20th).

I had an odd moment while driving to Detroit today. I was alongside 2 "pre-production" Dodge Nitros (this model is scheduled to be out next year) that were also on I-75. I felt like an Autoweek photographer because the vehicles were covered in the black mesh and were intentionally unornamented. I saw one of them right next to a Liberty...they are the same with the exception of the fact that Dodge seems to feel the need to raise the "beltline" on their vehicles so they have slits instead of windows. I think it looks somewhat stylish, but I would hate to own one. Coincidentally, it also drove next to a Durango...thank goodness that the Nitro bore little resemblance to it.

Ok, back to practicing the presentation.

3 Comments:

  • Your son looks like he is relaxing in a recliner by the beach! How cute! Looks like he is pretty calm!

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 3/10/2006 9:12 AM  

  • V. cute photo. And here I had thought that Sal was afraid of babies. :0)

    By Blogger EostreEgg, at 3/11/2006 10:50 AM  

  • Well, Elizabeth, if you have never been held by Sal then LET ME TELL YOU: it is exactly like sitting in a recliner by the beach, only Sal smells better than the beach could ever hope to.
    I think Sal and Joel will be good friends. Sal hasn't started teaching Joel how to break his dad's computer yet, but it won't be long.

    By Blogger Neil, at 3/11/2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home