Blog of Berg (Neil)

Saturday, March 18, 2006


From when Casey, Jannelle, Randy, Ruth, and Saranga were over last weekend. Next up are pictures of Casey and Jannelle looking sweet with Joel.

I am up because my stomach hurts. I had a suspect corned beef and cabbage lunch at a VFW (someone at work convinced a group of us to go there). I had not had food prepared by someone who was smoking a cigarette while cooking since eating at the Corner Grill in BG in the pre-smoking ban days. Not that the cigarette smoke likely had an effect. I am not sure what did. Regardless, so the stomach was a little achey...then Anne and I went to the St. Rose fish fry and I ate like a dozen pieces of fried fish.

Sometimes I can be super-stupid. Most of the time it involves the phrase "all-you-can eat."

Anne's parents are coming into town this weekend to visit. I am doing dissertation defense preparation (yes, it is still scheduled for this upcoming monday), but I (with Anne, but not Joel) plan to be at Sal's for movie night!

Not that we have been tired lately, but I discovered yesterday that I can make it down the driveway, through two turns, one stop sign, and a total of about a quarter mile before a mug of coffee falls off the roof of my Civic.
In an unrelated act of sleepiness, I can also get halfway down the parking garage at GM with the mug up there before someone notices and clues me in. Anyone else do this regularly?

Ok, the stomach feels better...time to go back to sleep.

3 Comments:

  • I have two comments:

    1) I thought the dissertation was moved to Thursday?

    2) I never put anything on my car roof. It's way too dirty. Hence I never leave anything up there. So the solution for you is to smear some dirt on the roof above your door.

    See you guys tonight...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/18/2006 1:56 PM  

  • The dissertation was on monday the 13th, then my advisor's father passed away. It was then moved to the only other time that week that it worked out for the committee--Thursday the 16th. MY advisor then contacted me and told me that the funeral was to be on that Thursday. Thus, we ended up on the 20th (the last possible day it could be done for May graduation). I am just glad it worked out for the whole committee on the 20th--this had the potential to be a trainwreck.

    Hmmm...Detroit has a way of providing that dirt over the entire car. I never thought of it as useful dirt. I guess I am not sensitive enough to dirt.

    By Blogger Neil, at 3/18/2006 2:50 PM  

  • The most memorable coffee on the roof of the car experience I've had is placing a wide and weighted bottom cup on the roof and completing a 6 mile urban commute with it intact.

    It was like I forgot my coffee, but then arrived at work to find -hey, free coffee!

    By the way, everybody seemed so friendly on the road that morning - honking and waving at me...

    By Blogger Bravo, at 3/18/2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home