Blog of Berg (Neil)

Sunday, October 02, 2005


Dang, I love this season... I have played hockey twice in this past week. Before one of them, I went to the orchard in BG that I love so very much. All sorts of apples are out. There were even some really really good pears. I have eaten more fruit than is reasonable, but that is what this season is good for.

We are picking up the pace with house shopping. I went to a house auction yesterday and was amazed to see a nice house go for about 40k less than what it was worth. I would have bid, but I was not prepared in the slightest for it (not having seen the house before that day). It was exactly what I hoped it would be...a learning experience. Now I have to jump out of auction cheapy-house mindset and find a house for real. Of course, the market around here is awesome for buyers--lots of houses are for sale and we are practically the only ones looking because there have been very few sales of things we have looked at. Things are more likely to get pulled from the market for not selling than to be sold from the market.

All else is cool. Anne (i.e. the fetus in Anne) is showing more every day. I am looking forward to wrapping up a few projects at work and transitioning into being an expert on a single dataset. I am getting more serious with the Detroit client, and I hope that continues to go well. The dissertation is looking decent. I have been working at coffeeshops lately (work gave me a laptop so I can be mobile enough to go to Detroit). I think today will be a great coffeeshop day after finishing doing the brakes on the Corolla...and after gorging myself on apples. Mmmm.

1 Comments:

  • I went apple picking today at a local family farm! I love doing that kind of thing. Got some yummy homemade honey, too.
    Mmmm, apple everything for a few days :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/02/2005 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home