Blog of Berg (Neil)

Sunday, September 18, 2005


I am an aquabat...or a guy who cuts onions.

Today: Got my car a bit more ready for the trip up to Detroit tomorrow. I had to put on the gushy all-seasons. Then a youth came over and we worked on his car. Then I met up with Anne and Gerry for a concert at Zoar. The entire Toledo Orchestra was at Zoar! It was part of the "community series" and it rocked. The choirs and pianists of the church were featured and Eric Dickey (our music director and all-around nice music guy) wrote a piece that absolutely blew me away.

What a great day.

Hey, has anyone ever used Skype? I just downloaded it as a cheap way to talk to Anne's dad while he is in Germany. He leaves in two weeks to teach technicians how to fix stuff. He is sprechen well for a guy who has been sprechen for only a month or so.

5 Comments:

  • You may not be an Aquabat, but you're still Super Rad.

    -daryl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2005 9:18 AM  

  • I've never used skype, but my I think my lingo service includes unlimited calling to germany for 20.00/month. Something to keep in mind if he's going to be there for any length of time.

    By Blogger BG Curator, at 9/19/2005 10:07 AM  

  • Depending upon what you and Anne already have, I know my mobile provider (Sprint) offers calling to Europe for around two or three dollars.

    Also, the phone system there is funky; tell him to wait until he's there to buy any phone cards (if he plans to). Otherwise, he will get robbed like ein Kind mit Süßigkeit.

    By Blogger EostreEgg, at 9/19/2005 4:18 PM  

  • Thanks, Daryl.

    I think Anne's dad and we will check out Skype...and then go over to Randy's if that does not work well. :) He is only going to be there 6 weeks or so, so we should be doing a "no contract"-type of thing.

    I don't see us being happy giving our mobile phone company $2-4 a minute, especially because it would rush the conversation a lot because I am a cheapskate.

    By Blogger Neil, at 9/19/2005 6:11 PM  

  • No, no, not two or three dollars a minute, two or three dollars a month. If I had actually kept in touch with my host families, I might actually use the service myself. :)

    By Blogger EostreEgg, at 9/20/2005 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home