Blog of Berg (Neil)

Monday, September 05, 2005

Big news: The Civic is back on the road...and this time it has a suspension that probably will not ka-thunk in the rear (new suspension bushings are in and look good!). So 9 days after being put in there, the car is back in its spot with a new stereo, distributor, trailing arm bushings, spark plugs, an interior-appropriate-painted "custom" cupholder, and a freshened ignition system. I was disheartened when it would not start on Saturday, but (after a lot of trying and checking everything) it started with a puff of oily smoke.

What a wonderful weekend of relaxing and getting junk done. Now to go back to work refreshed and in my own car. Heck, I still have $2.50/gal gas in the thing.

I also am looking forward to seeing some friends I have been putting off to work on the dissertation and the car--though it was super-cool that Randy stopped by on Saturday, that was a really nice conversation and stuff.

That reminds me...what is with the lemonade stands for the Red Cross (500 google news items tonight for "Katrina lemonade"? I think it rocks...there was more than one in Perrysburg today. This was a really cool idea, and the kids appeared to be having a good and productive time. She probably had $10 in that plastic register!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home