Blog of Berg (Neil)

Saturday, April 09, 2005


I went out riding my bike today (to church and the coffeeshop in Perrysburg). I found this really big bumblebee on the sidewalk and decided to test the depth-of-field tricks I read about with my new camera. It is like being in high school photo class again, only doing it the easy way (with a point-and-shoot, more or less). Even if the photography stinks, it certainly helps me appreciate things more when I get to take pictures of them. For instance, I would not have looked at this bee for very long had I not had a camera. It turned out to be a neat bee to look at.

Anyway, it is dissertation time. I hope to get enough done that I can turn in a decent draft soon.

2 Comments:

  • And it should help you appreciate what a tough job it can be, too.

    -d

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/10/2005 5:40 PM  

  • That is why you went to school for so long. It is definitely an artform. The more I read, the less I realize I know.
    Of course, the hardest part in my eyes is not making an occasional great photo but doing it well every day and with people. Photographers definitely have a hard job--particularly portrait photographers.
    Are you doing much art/nature photography on the side, Daryl? I would love to see more of your stuff. Can you blog some of them? Last I saw was of your trip out west--and that was a long time ago.

    By Blogger Neil, at 4/11/2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home