Blog of Berg (Neil)

Saturday, March 05, 2005


This is one heck of an invisible value!

We used a lot of these tapes at last week's 30 hour famine with the church youth. 30,000 children die daily of starvation. This was part of an exercise (to make a chain link where every link = 10 children) to try to get our minds around how incredibly large this number really is. It was a lot. A whole, whole lot. It stretched all over the church.

Overall, it was a good weekend. Fasting (for only 30 hours, even) focuses your mind in interesting ways.

Work is getting less depressing. I think I have gotten to the point where I simly accept that I will be very depressed about working there for at least one or two days of the week. Things were pretty fun this past week because I am doing more work that I should be doing (writing, analysis) and less of the tedious code-running that I am unprepared for and unexcited to get frustrated about. I will be taking tuesday off to go to BG and get in a dissertation meeting with Rich. This 3 experiment * 2 measurements * 2 analyses per measure is getting to be a bit crazy because each analysis requires a different dataset!

1 Comments:

  • The meeting with Rich should be helpful. Perhaps you can visit Hal also. Buzzzzz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/05/2005 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home