Blog of Berg (Neil)

Friday, December 03, 2004


Me. Atlanta. A wall.

CRHP is this weekend. It should be spiffy. I am really excited about it

Allison (Sapp) Lindemann just had a baby boy (named Lucas Lawrence). You might remember Allison as Anne's roommate and a member of our wedding party.

I bought a Clie TH55. I got it really cheap (MSRP was $400 or so--I got it for $210 after rebate). I am trying to use the memory stick pro card I got from Office Depot, but it won't work. I will exchange it soon. [EDIT-the exchage worked--it was just a bad stick] This new PDA is neater than my old, worn SL20. It has a better (and larger) screen, faster processor, wifi, camera, more onboard memory (and allows over my current 512mb memory stick, as opposed to the old 128mb limit), and it has microphone. I can't wait to tear into it and get it all configured.

I went to a UPA (usability professionals association) meeting in Ann Arbor yesterday--a tour of UMTRI (Univ Mich transportation research institute). We saw and could use their "cave design" car simulator. Pretty neat. 30hz refresh of all nearly all possible-to-be-recorded driving data. Man, I would LOVE to do that type of research. It was truly neat--and it really helps society too. These jobs are difficult to get without an engineering degree, though. Oh well. Another event, another resume and contact. One will pan out soon, I hope.

I have two presentations next week. My dissertation re-presentation is on wednesday. On thursday, I present at the Toledo "meetup.com" web design group about PIM (personal information management). Be there! Well, to the second one, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home