Blog of Berg (Neil)

Wednesday, December 01, 2004


This is all that is left of the Corolla. Ok, this is actually an old picture of the CRX casey and I took a rack from.

I would include a more relevant picture, but I just swapped my main hard drive out for a new one ($40 maxtor from Staples--yes, I went on friday morning). All is well, except that I still have to install several programs and that Picasa (the picture manager I use) flipped out.

We are getting $850 for the damage to the Corolla that was caused by the dump truck. I took it to a place in BG and they faxed it over. I will not ACTUALLY get it fixed, but I will take the case and run. It is perfectly drivable. It is one of those things you justify by saying that "the car has depreciated that much, and this is the way we compensate for that." I am ok with it. Now we can get a new bumper (which was unrelated to the accident, but much more in need of being fixed).

I am working on speech stuff, so that the re-presentation of my dissertation proposal will be nice. It is going well. I heard several speeches about how to give speeches at youth workers convention and I am working from those general ideas. Next week is the last week of classes, so I hope that things work out well with scheduling! CRHP (a church men's group) is meeting this weekend all weekend, so I have to have the material worked out really soon!

I spent a little time last night looking at "church community" website packages that would allow me to pass the context management off to other people. I found xoops, phpwebsite, phpChurch, comm-kit, clearstory, and exponent--all on sourceforge. Xoops looks to be the most promising, but I don't have too much time to check them out. After looking at these sites (and concurrently watching 2 documentaries--"Bush's Brains" (which was a waste) and "Journeys with George" (which was an interesting insight into the 'backstage' of Bush's political campaign--as camcordered by a member of the press corp)), Randy Brown and I went to Fricker's and got some wings. We talked for a few hours--and it was really nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home