Blog of Berg (Neil)

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I didn't vote for...


If everyone had seen this sign, we may have elected our first Mad president. (After all, voters ignored enough figurative "Don't vote for Bush" signs.)
Of course, the presidential election was a let-down. It was a lousy, dirty election between two non-ideal candidates and--holy cow--one of them won. I am sad that the one who won is the one who has been demonized by the world. Now, what does the world think of us? We had the opportunity to kick the demon out of office, and we CHOSE to throw him back into power.

I am really disappointed in our Ohio system. Blackwell and the slow court system REALLY screwed up and screwed over some people. I hope Blackwell's office has to pay a lot of damages to whomever did not vote but wanted to vote. I think that $10,000 per non-received absentee ballot would ensure that they get delivered next time.

If you are a politician, don't ask me to vote for you. I voted for NO ONE and NOTHING that won (I think), with the exception of the two Republicans who I think do a good job and a mental health support levy. And one gas utililty initiative that was logical to vote for. Oh yeah, and the coroner who was running uncontested (I figure that anyone who wants that job should get it!).

Overall, I am disappointed at the fact that Ohio has reinforced a one-party system--federal and state--judges, congress, and executives. Doesn't anyone think that this is a bad idea? (Of course, all "defining marriage" amendments passed, so I guess we really like bad ideas...)

Life goes on, I guess. I worry for my friends who had a lot of emotion tied to the results. Time to get on with life. Life is busy enough now without getting frustrated about this stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home