Blog of Berg (Neil)

Thursday, November 04, 2004

DDR fundamentalism


Mmmm... DDR. I kind of have a hankering to play it. Unfortunately, Casey and Saranga are so good at it that they make me feel pathetic.

I finally finished with my dissertation experiment. I really like the way it turned out. It was my first REALLY involved Visual Basic code writing. It took me about 15 hours. But it works.

The political aftermath has left me (and all of my friends, apparently) with this awful feeling. I feel a sense of dread, as I read that Bush is going to run up our national credit card and "fulfill his mandate."

I also have been hearing a strong backlash against "fundamental," "evangelical," or "born-again" Christianity. This is a problem, because I am a Christian, but I don't support the people who these terms are supposed to represent. It is a trouble to my church as well. It really hurts.
I am stuck between the label of being in the "reality-based" movement and the label of "Christian." This stinks because they are quite compatible.
I need to start a "reality-based Christianity" movement. You know, full of compassionate, science-minded Christians who do not allow themselves to be taken advantage of by this "fundamental" or "conservative" idealism. The type who believe that Jesus was not in a Pharisee-guided, politically-minded gang. The kind who know that he cares equally and wholly for everybody. The kind who could DDR a fundamentalist's pants off.

1 Comments:

  • Don't you have any pictures of me with my mouth closed? Also it would be cool if my feet were blurry like racecar.

    - Sal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/05/2004 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home