Blog of Berg (Neil)

Wednesday, December 08, 2004


I am hungry now. But soooo happy! This is the tofu and veggies dinner I made recently.

I JUST PASSED the proposal! When we last heard of the dissertation proposal, I had gotten approval of my document and approval of the proposed experiment--but I had failed the "presentation." I agree, I had poor presentation skills and a poor attitude toward the importance of the presentation. I worked on this a lot. The youth workers conference did a lot--I went to seminars on how to prepare and give speechs although simply being around such competent speakers for several days probably helped a lot too. Then I redid my presentation. Then I had the CRHP (men's retreat) weekend at which I had to get in front of the group several times--including a 30 minute speech. Then I get a job interviews the next day. Then this talk. Tomorrow I do a talk on personal information management--given to the toledo meetup.com web design group.

Today's was a good presentation talk. I got nothing but good feedback from the committee members. It has been a real change in my life to go from not being able to speak in public well (and, not coincidentally, not having much experience trying) to being able to be comfortable while presenting. I am happy happy happy.

I just got a call from the OTHER Toledo marketing firm--NFO/TNSglobal. Apparently, they want to interview me too. It is a good situation. Of course, I am elated.

I also just ran the last few experiments that I will probably ever have to run at BG. I even got a friend to fill in for me for the last two so that I could practice my speech one last time. I owe Jeff something nice.

In stupid news, the home computer is now completely setup--it took about a week. I have gotten the new clie up and I am carrying it around --not the old one. I still have to get the good Bible software on it as well as the wikipedia. I also need a stylus (it was not included with my floor model, but they gave me $30 off). I also need a brando screen protector.

Man, have I mentioned that I am happy. 11am tomorrow I meet with the VP of Maritz research automotive research group. I certainly hope that goes well. I am very excited about the prospect of working there. Man, I hope I can sleep tonight. Time to snag and aggregate some data from the labs, work on my talk for tomorrow, and then go home to eat some grub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home