Blog of Berg (Neil)

Thursday, July 13, 2006


This is from Cory Sedlmeier's "back in Woodville for a week" party. Cory is an interesting fellow. We were in BGSU stuff together and hung with the same crowd for a bunch of college. He is just getting over his Marvel comics editor gig. It was really cool catching up with him.

Sorry I have not been on here for a while. My time in the morning (when I used to post) has been cut short every day. Joel is not sleeping as much as he used to (or is supposed to, for this week especially) and I am getting to work on a more strict schedule. I have actually been enjoying work lately. When Daryl "Mr. professional photographer" was in town, he mentioned that he has a goal of taking one spectacular shot a day that he can be very proud of. I have been giving that method of thought a shot and I have been doing at least one really interesting analysis a day. This actually comes at no time expense (I am usually waiting for something else to run when I work on it) and it makes my job much more worthwhile feeling. Tomorrow is the "company picnic" day where we will eat really good BBQ and run around the fields near work playing soccer, volleyball, or doing the kitschy games that will be set up. It was the best day of work for all of last year, I think.

I got the computer set up correctly again (new PSU, new RAID card). Now I can look forward to a good 3-5 months of smooth computer operation, if history has any say in how long my hard drives will last.

I am not going on the church workcamp next week. I could tell that there were some people who are protective and would rather a person who is moving from the church not go. It was a bummer for me personally--I have great relationships with most of the youth who are going. Oh well. I will see them much more. I will miss the time away though. On the other hand, I guess we can finally look at taking a first family vacation. I had burned through all of my vacation days with youth stuff last year (and loved doing so), so I had none to do anything family-oriented.

Other stuff...My car is over 207k now and going strong. I am thankful that it keeps on going. I have a feeling that Randy will end up with his freakin' huge mustang in my garage soon so we can change out some springs (he actually has 2 broken springs in his 1998 Mustang), shocks, and struts.

I have been taking long walks around Detroit at noon and have been taking in the Campus Martius stage (a stage in a green grass area of downtown), which has a different musical act every day during the summer. It is pretty sweet. Detroit has the best bassists ever.
Every day I walk to Campus Martius, I pass by a musician/conspiracy theorist guy who is hawking his CDs. I think he may be a mad genius (but I am not sure about the genius part, though he seems reasonably intelligent) who goes by the moniker "ShadowClan." I am totally buying one of his self-produced CDs next week. They are hip-hop/rap songs about the intersection of religion and UFOs with some science and NASA stuff thrown in there too (as best as I can remember from the conversation). I am certainly curious about it...

1 Comments:

  • I'm still bummed that the one weekend he was back coincided with the one weekend I was in New Orleans. It looks like y'all had fun, though!

    By Blogger EostreEgg, at 7/21/2006 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home