Blog of Berg (Neil)

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Good weekend and stuff

Anne and I were at Camp Mowana near Mansfield this weekend. It is a Lutheran camp that operates year-round. They had a senior high retreat thingy that we went to with the youth group. It was a good (very laid back) time and the youth were really really cool. It was also nice to just get into nature and out of the office/home environment for a little while.

One bad thing that happened is that my left knee was hurting pretty bad this weekend. It is the sort of pain that feels like if someone were to pull to separate a joint (like pulling on your forearm to separate your elbow) and it only hurts a lot when I am walking on it. There is no popping, swelling, or tingling. I had made no big deal of it on two previous occasions, but this time it hurt too much to even walk lightly on. The other two times it hurt it was directly related to running (once after a hard run, once two weeks after that at the beginning of the run (which was very short due to the knee pain). This time it was due entirely to light walking--but probably only 2 or so miles of it over several episodes! Anyway, I think I will have to get it looked at.

MOVING UPDATE: Things are going smoothly, but they take time and our "close before" date is not until December 3rd (which is a Saturday--which means, effectively, the 2nd because you cannot close on a Saturday). This would give us December 3rd as a logical day to do the bulk of the moving. Anne's baby shower is that same day, so it will be only guys (or perhaps girls who don't want to see baby shower stuff, though I doubt there will be any/many takers on that, but feel free). Anyway, please plan on the 3rd. I will get the 15ish foot UHaul and I would like to start moving maybe 9ish in the morning. Because we are moving 5-ish blocks, we will be able to take many small trips that don't need to be SUPER well packed. Our apartment is only a first floor and the house is 3 floors. The baby party will be done around 2 or so, so I have the dream of Anne seeing the new house with the stuff moved in. Then we can move the baby stuff in from the shower. That house won't know what hit it.
Anyway, let me know if you can help. I know it is a hard time of year to do for some of you, so it is cool if you cannot make it. I have a few good heavy-lifting youth lined up, but the more the merrier (and trying to do this with only 3-5 people would be really painful). Besides, I really want to see you all and to celebrate this neat time and to have you see the house and stuff. We am really excited about the house and baby stuff. It is hard to wait... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • No bugs at Mowana! Or maybe that was just a summer thing. Whose idea was it to build a camp around a slow-moving river in the middle of mosquito country? Ahh, memories.

    Good luck with the move! I'll try to make it in to help, but I don't know yet if I'll be able to swing it. If you email me (link on my blog) with your email or phone number, I can let you know later on this week.

    By Blogger EostreEgg, at 11/20/2005 9:32 PM  

  • Sorry we won't be able to make it for the move David has to work and I just found out that his moms side of the family is doing Turkey Day that day.

    Good Luck! I hope your move goes just as smoothly (or more) than ours!

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 11/21/2005 8:15 AM  

  • No bugs when the creek has ice on it! Wow, you are right, it probably would be really buggy. It was my first time there, and it was really beautiful--even with the leaves off the trees.

    Females coming can feel very free to go to Anne's baby shower and if they have a male counterpart, they can lend him to the move. Don't feel left out. Invite yourself, really! It is really cool with us to do so!

    By Blogger Neil, at 11/21/2005 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home