Blog of Berg (Neil)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005


See...she gets even cuter.

I just discovered Medeski, Martin, and Wood. Man, this is some really good music. I think it is because I have been in this John Scofield thing for quite a while now and I had no idea that MMW did the band stuff that for one of my favorite Scofield albums. Dang, this is good "groove" stuff.

Anne says I should write about something else. Ok, I got 3 HPW-630ETR WinCE devices (mini-PC tablet things, or HUGE PDAs, depending on which way you look at them) and I am not sure what to do with them. WindowsCE 2.12 is not exactly the hot platform to have sweet applications for. I have this dream of them interfacing with my wireless network and becoming home MP3 players for each level of the house. Oh well, I got all 3 (with accessories) for $17 from a work "obsolete equipment" sale, so no big loss if they turn into a WinCE teething device for the baby.

5 Comments:

  • I have one of their CD's. It's an old favorite from college. Actually, I think Kevin turned me on to it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/09/2005 7:18 PM  

  • The sega dreamcast is built on a WinCE platform. Maybe you can use them to play Space Channel 5 on them?

    By Blogger BG Curator, at 11/09/2005 10:29 PM  

  • Anne as Mad Scientist!

    Yeah, MMW is good stuff. The News staff would listen to that putting together the paper... That and Backstreet Boys. I prefer the MMW. :)

    By Blogger EostreEgg, at 11/09/2005 11:06 PM  

  • Tell Anne we only stop by the blog to see cute preggo pics of her and read about the baby and house shopping ;)

    I need to start widening my music horizons for sure.

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 11/10/2005 12:50 PM  

  • Excellent call, Randy. These actually have the SAME 64-bit Hitachi SH-4 processor in them as the Dreamcast! No kidding!

    By Blogger Neil, at 11/10/2005 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home