Blog of Berg (Neil)

Monday, October 10, 2005


Things are pretty darn happy with me now. I have been quite content lately. It is gorgeously fall, I have been working well and have not wanted to jump out a window at work. Strangely, I am feeling more appreciated in terms of the work I am doing being considered valuable and being used. That is a nice feeling.

Youth stuff is cool. I am getting to know a few of the youth pretty well and that is a very nice feeling.

We are still house hunting. There are a lot of houses out there and we still don't know what to do. Budgets are confusing, location vs build quality vs space vs economics vs resell vs homeyness vs just making your mind go nuts because it has cool nooks and a huge garage.

We went to a cool "world mission comference" on Saturday. I actually won a basket of free-trade stuff as a door prize. That was pretty cool because Anne had ordered stuff from most of those donor companies at one time or another and this time it was free. Anyway, we did world music stuff with Eric Dickey (Zoar's sweet music director), Roger Schupp (BGSU percussion prof), Will Kinsey (jazz drummer at Zoar) a good bassist and B3 organist, Anne and me. We sat around and talked about world music and how we can incorporate musics from other cultures into our congregations. Quite fun. After that, Anne and I went with some youth to go apple picking. Then we hit Saranga's and watched Casablanca. It was really good. I remember it being good, but it was even better than memory served. For Saranga congratulations purposes, Sal won (again) the BGSU ACM programming competition. Give him some applause next time you see him. Then applaud his hair, which is now officially sweet.

4 Comments:

  • Hey, you finally gave my movie night some publicity! I am glad you guys are enjoying it enough to make time for it every week. Anne will not be around this weekend will she?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 1:32 AM  

  • Cool Pic!

    You will know when you find the right house.

    David and I looked at about 15 I think and when we found the one we walked out and said to each other "this is it." And you will still want it regardless of any small issues because loving the house makes it worth dealing with some oddities.

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 10/12/2005 2:17 PM  

  • Hey Neil,

    gald to read that things are happy with you. The trees are starting to turn here too, and it's getting very pretty outside. When I talked to sal the other night, he didn't mention his programming acheivement.

    I am 99% sure I'll be headed in this weekend. I'll call when I get into town... at the very least, expect me for movie night.

    By Blogger Casey, at 10/12/2005 2:30 PM  

  • Sal's hair was, IS, and always will be Sweeeeeeet!!!

    bobb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/14/2005 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home