Blog of Berg (Neil)

Friday, October 21, 2005


This is a picture of the "dance studio" at the new house. I am going to the house today to hear what the inspector has to say and to make some measurements. Sorry for not being around much. I have been so stupidly busy since the accepted offer on the house that I haven't had time to post. It did not help that Anne was at a conference last week either! Now we are housesitting for a family we have housesat for before (just here in Perrysburg). I actually am taking my first day off today because I cannot stand going and going any more. The inspection makes a convenient excuse too.

The mortgage process was not fun, but through shopping around I saved a quarter from what I would have gotten otherwise. Lendingtree.com worked for me...well, it worked enough for me to get 5 "good faith" estimates so I could tell the local bank that I wanted to go through "beat this deal or I will go elsewhere." They did. I was almost going to go to etrade...they seemed pretty with it. All is done with that now. Now I have to boogie over to the house. Oh yeah, my parents got new carpet (not because it was old, but because it had a bad fit from the kitchen floor which is new), so I took the really great looking gently-used (or unused, in places) carpet for the dance room that is pictured above. I think it will be a great music lesson/practice/recording studio---but you don't want to do that with such a sound-reflective floor. I think. We shall see.

29 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home