Blog of Berg (Neil)

Friday, August 12, 2005


Yeah, go ahead and give her a call. Hey, I thought it was funny that she didn't notice (or maybe didn't care).

Anyway, good news. I am being moved to a different project group! Not only did they hire the new guy (who is making huge progress on automating my stinky old tasks), but we are also starting to slide me into a dedicated analyst position with "a large automotive company that is based in Detroit" (I think we are supposed to be discreet about such announcements). Anyway, this is really good.

Anne and I looked at a house that is around 10 doors down from Zoar on Indiana. It looks pretty good. It is affordable, has the space we want, but has an OLD furnace, no A/C. Oh yeah. It has a POOL! I don't really want a pool, but the owner works at a pool company and put in a wonderful pool. It is not that I don't like pools, it is just that I am fine with only using one twice a summer--and not maintaining one in the meantime. I have no idea how much of a pain those things are...anybody else have any idea? Other than the pool and checking on the furnace/AC, we like the place a lot.

3 Comments:

  • Pools require a lot of routine maintanence. Plus there is the expense of operating the filter. But I will gladly come over and swim in your pool.

    By Blogger BG Curator, at 8/12/2005 10:18 AM  

  • pools can be a real pain, especially if neither of you want to maintain it, the worst part is closing it for the winter an opening it for summer, having to clean the pool after all winter really blows. but they are a nice treat to have...i have no clue how much that will increase your water bill, and electric :/ hmmm

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 8/12/2005 12:22 PM  

  • My boss at work had one and said it was about 8 hours of work and $75 per month that it is open. Most of that is the expense of running the circulation pump and chemicals.

    So it is somewhere between managably maintainable and a pain. I have no idea if it would be cool. Neither Anne nor I are really jumping to jump into a pool, though it seems like it would be
    an interesting thing to live with. I keep thinking we can just cover it and pretend it doesn't exist.
    Or maybe have a sweet hockey rink, eh Randy? (just kidding)

    By Blogger Neil, at 8/12/2005 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home