Blog of Berg (Neil)

Monday, January 24, 2005


This is my office cubicle. It is not a bad thing, for a cubicle. It is hardly a cube, really. It is fairly open and the walls are short.

I had to fight with my computer all day because we use SAS for statistics (and when you are a stats analyst, you tend to use it a lot). SAS is slow and old. They JUST made a GUI for it, and something about it or my machine makes working with SAS ridiculously slow. I kind of think I wasted the day. The sick thing is that I KNOW what I want to do, but I simply cannot do it. That is frustrating. But I have to sit back and say, heck, it is just a job and they ar doing it to themselves by how they are equipping their employees. That, and Maritz really does try. It is just that they are tied to the archaic SAS system. It may be the case that there simply is nothing better that exists.

CRHP weekend was GREAT. This is a mens weekend that was put on at Zoar by a bunch of guys from Grace United Methodist (just down the road). I was with the Grace team that took it to Zoar. I met a lot of great guys and made some friends who I cannot wait to meet back up with. What an emotional and spiritual kick!

Man, I wish I had more time. This whole "job" thing sure doesn't give me much free time to get the dissertation done. It is getting there, but I am already severely behind on my ability to graduate in May, if this is even reasonably possible. Still, life is very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home