Blog of Berg (Neil)

Saturday, January 15, 2005


There is something special about a bathroom window. You look out it everyday, so it provides hours of viewing entertainment over the course of a year. This is from my old BG apartment. Man. I will miss that bathroom window.

I get to go to the auto show again tomorrow! This time I go with Scott (my brother-in-law). He is the best person to go with because he is the best car encyclopedia I have ever known. He is the kind of person who knows the year that the headlamps changed on any random car of great or little significance. He also knows the car company business really well. It is weird to look around at work (automotive marketing) and see people who don't know the industry well (although there are MANY people who are really really good as well) and then see that Scott is not there. Man, it makes me think he has missed his calling. I really want to get my eventual goal out there of being able to get my own contract with an automotive company to do usability research. Maritz may be able to do that. After all, usability is likely to be very related to customer satisfaction. It is a lofty goal, but I feel fairly confident that I will be able to grow "beyond my britches" there within a few years. As of now, I am just learning how a corporation works. They have all sorts of protocols that I never saw coming. Oh well, I can worry about that later. I will think about the autoshow for now (well, Sunday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home