Blog of Berg (Neil)

Thursday, July 21, 2005


Ever appreciate street signs? This was one of the BETTER ones in Juarez. They just paint them on the buildings (see it? next to the "P"). All of my Mexico pictures are available at: zoarlutheran.com/gallery

Well, Anne is still gone. She gets back on Friday afternoon. I have been adapting to her absence pretty well--working on the dissertation. It is nice to have many hours of solid work in a day. It is also bad to see that I still am not sleeping as much as my brain wants to. I guess that is all my fault, though.
While she was gone I bought some Peruvian and Sumatran decaf green coffee as well as some caffeinated Paupa New Guinea and Mexican from deansbeans.com (ethical company, it seems--decent and inexpensive beans too). I cannot wait to make some of that new stuff. Too bad I still have around 15 lbs of mediocre coffee I brought back from Honduras.
I also finally got an MX1000 mouse (on a decent sale, finally). I have a horizontal scroller at work (the kind of mouse where you tilt the mouse wheel to the left and right to manipulate the horizontal scroll bar), and I use it a lot more than I ever thought I would. Hey, when you sit in front of a computer for 12 hours a day, you want to be sure that the interface is as good as possible.

Oh well, Indian food today with Sal and Mo. I am looking forward to that, even though it is sort of a send-off for Mo (he is leaving for his professorship job in Portland next week). Man, I will miss Mo--BG is losing a lot of character and charm with him leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home