Blog of Berg (Neil)

Saturday, June 25, 2005


I saw Colin R Clark for a bit today. He was in town for a family wedding and had a free morning (though there was not too much free time besides that). I felt a little bad because I was dead-feeling this morning, and should have been in a more springy mood when seeing a friend after long time of not seeing him. Anyway, it was cool to see Colin and I enjoyed hearing about his travels to Italy as well as just soaking in the CRC style for a bit. That whole conversation (and picture show) really made me want to go to see Europe.

In other news, I set the zoarlutheran.com site up to a different server and it appears to be working well (we will be sure once the DNS propogates). Now we have to figure out how to use 5 gigs of storage and 10gigs of daily transfer. I figure we could put some Zoar music up to start with. The ultimate goal is to have a site wherein the congregation can manage its own content (i.e. a dynamic site with boards, calendars, and such). I am still looking for a good mambo-like content management service (CMS) that would make this easy on me and the site users/administrators--if you know of a good CMS, let me know.

Colin gave me some good advice on organizing my photos, and I just redid the categorization I had used for them. Now if only there were descriptive labels on each of the photos so I could find what I want. I have 7,139 files in my photo directory right now, so this might take a while...

Questions of the week:
Do you take primarily film or digital pictures?
If digital, how do you organize them?
Also, about how many pictures have you taken in your lifetime?
(Daryl, I am especially curious about your responses, of course.)

1 Comments:

  • I use both on a fairly regular basis. My old 35mm that I've had since I was 14 (that has been dropped too many time to remember) still takes amazing pictures! I used it for the vast majority of my pictures of my 4 cross country drives.

    I keep track of my digital pics just by separating them into folders of whatever they are of, and I normally name them as soon as I download them so they stay pretty easy to find.

    How many pictures have I taken? Hmmmm....good one. Well, I currently have 2 picture boxes that are full of pics of my lifetime... most of which I took (or were taken with my camera). And that doesn't include my digitals that are still on my PC that haven't been printed. Nor does it include many of the pictures that I've put into picture albums...although some are doubles I guess. Don't know...but it seems like its a lot. I guess I've just had a lot of experiences that I thought have been picture worthy.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 6/26/2005 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home