Blog of Berg (Neil)

Monday, October 06, 2008

Kids and autumn

Long time, no update. I know.
Well, things have been ticking along busily. Asher and Joel are really happy and, beyond some issues with getting to sleep, they could not be better. Joel likes being around Asher a lot.
After reading a book about big and little brothers I asked, "Joel, you are Asher's BIG brother, what does that make Asher?" Joel smiles and replies, "Happy!"
Asher has that smile that only a 4-month-old can have...that "I see it, I can grab it, and I can shove it into my mouth" kind of look. He likes the laundry basket a lot.


I love that it feels like fall. We are addicted to farmers markets, especially the downtown Toledo one. I really really like it. Our cherry tomatoes are crazy huge and we are pulling off a dozen or more a day. We got our house all ready on the outside for fall. I even put down some nice new mulch. The new car is running really well (I am still amazed at this fact). I don't know what to do with the old red one. Maybe I should sell it, maybe not. I wish I knew someone who wants a great autocross setup.

Joel is great on his tricycle. Seeing him develop that skill was inspiring enough that I got a unicycle (an old Schwinn 24" from craigslist) and, after one week, I can go between 1 and 50 feet per mount (the 50 feet was a one-timer). Yes, I know it is goofy and pointless...but it is a huge challenge for the motor cortex and it is surprisingly good exercise.



I love this sequence of pictures. Nah, they aren't related.





2 Comments:

  • Such cute kiddos!!! :-) They're both just adorable - love the matching hats, too! Did Ann make those?

    Oh - on the car thing, I'd hang on to it - never know what it'll fetch in a barter economy (you know - what'll be left after two branches of government are done "fixing" things! ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10/09/2008 4:44 PM  

  • It's about time! I've missed the updates on my darling great-grandnephews. Now to introduce them to the beach and Gulf. Love, AP

    By Blogger grand aunt peggy, at 10/10/2008 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home