Blog of Berg (Neil)

Monday, March 10, 2008

Rockin'

This hindered my commute this past Thursday. I saw the truck open--mine was the second car behind it. He was in the far right lane, I was in the far left. I tried to get a plate number or anything identifiable, but I could not get close until it was pulling off I-75 and even then it was too dirty to even notice where the plate was. He got away with a successful hit (err... dump) and run. I had no idea that it was that big of a spill--stuff is always all over the road around Detroit.
Lesson: if you see a truck dump something, call the police and give them a plate number. Don't assume your car is ok and just drive away.

The gravel pelting left me with a broken radiator. Luckily, I noticed it before it started leaking much and I pulled into a gas station that stocked stop leak and coolant. The stop leak worked well enough for me to get home and to work the next day (not a drop leaked out overnight). Then it started leaking and half of the radiator emptied into the parking lot in Maumee. After work, I gave it a top-off and after a 10 minute drive home, it emptied half of its contents into the street in front of my house. At no time did the temperature gauge vary from normal, so I consider it a success.

I started looking for a cheapo used car, but until then I ordered a radiator from radiator.com which should arrive today. I was using a vacation day today anyway. The turn signal lenses are now covered in packing tape until I come across a piece of clear plastic to silicone to the front of them.

On a happy note, Joel loves being outside a lot. Here we are shoveling after this weekend's storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home