Blog of Berg (Neil)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Winter fun with Joel

I want to share some pictures.
Joel got some fancy soft pajamas. I love his smile more than almost anything, even cheesecake.

Here we are on the pond ice at the Knight nature preserve (hooray for the levy passing so we can keep these neat places going).

No skates for Joel yet, but he could slide on the snow/ice pretty well. I went back a few days later and skated for an hour or two. It was really peaceful (and good exercise, which is hard to get when we are deep into winter).

Joel and I made his first snowman. He was even happy/excited to see it melt (it only lasted two days).


Random news:
-We are preparing to move Joel to his "big boy room" so we can have the room that is close to the master for the baby.
-Speaking of the baby, May 30th is coming up, yo. Yes, everything still is great with the womb.
-I am getting out of the "drive to Detroit twice a week" position at work. Onto a different interesting study soon!
-I replaced our only 1973-vintage (20 gallons-per-flush) toilet. It was really easy.
-I have been throwing every free minute into the dissertation. It is really different than it was. It is ridiculously complicated but very well-documented.
-We get brown eggs from a local chicken farmer. They are happy and tasty.
-I ordered another side of beef for this year--again, it was from the local BG butcher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home