Blog of Berg (Neil)

Saturday, August 19, 2006


I know it is blurry, but it is for color, not clarity. Dave B (Jen's husband) and I actually went to a GWAR show last night. My clothes were completely white before I went. Wow! It was really stupid. What a fantastic art show they put on. It was interesting, to say the least. BTW, once long shower got all that stuff off me. They REALLY know how to do fake blood well.

This time of year is certainly busy. I think we have stuff going on every day for the next 4 or 5 weekends. The dissertation is still going too (lots of changes, but it looks good). Work is decent. I feel suddenly able to communicate with the client. That is a good feeling.

We went to a Haiti fundraiser at Grace last week and I feel like I should go there on the trip next spring. What a beautiful and tragic story Haiti is. I started listening to an audio-only Creole course.

Joel is great. He is getting even more curious and is crawling and walking (help with the walking). He likes going up the stairs (with a spotter) too. Joel started sleeping for 5 hours at a time! He will get up once a night...well, at least he did once or twice. I guess 3 or 4 is about par now.

3 Comments:

  • I think you need to explian the GWAR show. I am having a hard time imagining what did that to your clothes.

    By Blogger E-Speed, at 8/19/2006 2:45 PM  

  • A GWAR concert consists of watching people in really creative foam monster costumes slice off parts of themselves using really large foam weapons. The audience gets DRENCHED in fake blood. They probably use a hundred gallons of fake blood at one of these shows. It is way overkill (pun intended).
    I was soaked, and I was about 20-30 people deep from the stage. People in the front were walking out looking like they had jumped into a pond of fake blood.
    It was a lot of fun.

    By Blogger Neil, at 8/20/2006 9:19 PM  

  • A little crunch on time, but where did you get an audio-only Creole course? Could I d/l it on my MP3 player??

    tom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home